Our 3 Blessings

Our 3 Blessings

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Projects that have been keeping me busy!

The biggest project that I have been working on is Ronnee’s room.  We painted it a cute light green(thanks jeri for your steady hand), put up a chandelier, got her a big girl bed, and the biggest of all make her a quilt! 

It seems like the quilt took me forever and it was a good thing my friend was on board to make her son one to so we worked together and helped each other figure out all the problems.  We weren’t following any patterns so we had plenty of issues along the way. It was kind of fun to just start from scratch and figure everything out on our own.    One side of the quilt is squares and the other side is all one fabric. We quilted it together with buttons on every corner.  And then we had to hand stitch around the whole outside. Over all it was a lot of work especially with 2 toddlers but they turned out so cute and I am so glad to be done with that!

005

007 Sorry not the greatest pictures but you get an idea.

Last thing we need to do is get her a new dresser and her room will be perfect!

The other project that I have been working on is a  Halloween advent Calendar. Thanks to Jeri for the good idea and all the help it is almost finished. I just need to get my machine out and sew all the pockets on.   I am not sure if you can tell by the pics but I had to hand stitch everything on it!  Hence why it has taken me so long. And we also had to come up with all the pocket ideas and cute them out of felt (sp).   Thanks again Jeri for all your help and creative thinking!

012 013 014

Once again not the greatest pics but I will post better ones when it is all finished and hanging on my wall!

1 comment:

kathryn said...

very cute!